Monday, August 27, 2012

I just moved on Thursday

 And thought I would share the very few moments of the end of the summer that I chose to photograph. The first is my setup for transcribing at home. It was fantastic, but my eyes got tired pretty quickly. Also the movie that is currently playing was awful, so I put on Coastal Seas to match the seafood section I was typing up. Doesn't look like you can see my beer but trust me, it was there.
 I threw a successful potluck for the first time ever. I can't believe we'd never thought of moving the table so people can actually get through this room. Dante found it very confusing. At first everything was cool because he had more room to sleep, but once people started arriving he got a bit stressed and ended up pooping the party rather literally.
 And now, I'm right into the swing of things. The room is a little jail cell-ish, but only because there are bars on the windows and I don't have any nails to hang my pictures yet. But they're pretty bars, and I brought all of my motivational/congratulatory cards.
In general, it was very difficult to take anything of sentimental value, because I was so sad to think of it not being at home waiting for me. It's a very odd feeling being here. I made the decision to come to Vancouver because the things making me unhappy in Waterloo were outweighing the things making me happy. I was worried about giving the latter up too, and so it was incredibly tough. May and June were the toughest slogs, I think. But I don't know, maybe since I quit my job? Maybe since I went to Algonquin with the family, or maybe once I had recovered from that kidney infection, maybe even since camping with Willie, since seeing my mom a little bit happier for the first time since I'd come home, I'd grown to be the happiest I've been since coming home from undergrad.

I know that happiness may have come from the knowledge that I was leaving, and especially in the growing confidence that I wouldn't have to give up the good things, but I think until my classes start I'm going to keep questioning whether this was the right thing to do.

In any case, I'll be heading to Victoria for labour day weekend, for a last hurrah to summer, and for a holiday where I won't be stressed about moving, or about school. I WILL be stressed about accounting though, unless I finish it now. So I'll get back on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment