Friday, February 24, 2012

Baking!

Even though I've been working a part time job AND a part time internship, I've found that the wonderful thing about this winter has been that I have absolutely no homework. I didn't realize how freeing it can be to do something every day but COME HOME and think about nothing but creative lovely little things. So yes, I've been baking a lot. Latest thing I tried were Sabra Krock's Maple Sour Cream Walnut muffins. You can find the recipe here. I would say the recipe is perfect: it tastes great right out of the oven, and even after a couple of days they get a little soaked in maple syrup and start tasting like the perfect pancake masquerading as a muffin. The only thing is that the recipe says it makes about a dozen muffins, and to bake them for 10-12 minutes. I ended up with 24 muffins and each batch took about 18-20 minutes. My oven's a little on the cold side though.

Still, considering the last time I tried to make muffins (even before Quinn street, I think) This was a pretty fantastic result.

In any case, I'm looking to bake more delicious things. I'm in Hamilton at the moment which means I don't have:
  • a pastry blender
  • a springform pan
  • a hand or stand mixer
  • mixing bowls 
  • a pie dish
  • ingredients
  • money
So...  yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment