Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Christmas Table Runner

I like to name things I make after whatever I was watching while I made it. Coincidentally the fabric is left over from my Firefly Twin-sized Patchwork Quilt!

Obvs not finished yet, but at least I have the pieces done properly. I was doing laundry and having lunch while I was cutting, so I made a lot of mistakes. You know, using the template backwards and all that... All that aside, this thing is going to be bigger than expected. I hope I have enough fabric to bind it.

Also, a surprise today! Picking up Bronwyn from the subway station meant I got a Glenn Gould poster! So he watches me work now

I'm so tired. This sales conference isn't for a week and I'm already a bundle of nerves over it. We go last at 8:50 pm. I speak first, and then run the projected stuff (that I have to create) for the rest of them. Been talking with other publishing students about the uncertainty of our career futures... Still seems like an internship is the only way to go, but I just can't scrape the funds together. On the other hand, taking the winter off of school means I don't have to worry about it for a little while. Hopefully by the end of it I WILL have the means.

And what's a few months in the grand scheme of things. I'll just take these as the extra I get for not giving in to cigarettes ever. Oh hey, I was going to have a beer! That's why I'm still awake! That and, well, having cut the pieces for the table runner wrong was bothering me so much while I was at Willie's that I couldn't sleep. Is fixed. Must resist urge to piece everything tonight.

What?! Gwendolyn Post is evil?!

No comments:

Post a Comment